Regardless if you are riding your bicycle for a joy ride or your daily commute to the office, you should take the same safety precautions as if you were driving a four-wheel vehicle. At Staskus Law Firm, our dedicated lawyers are here to help our clients receive the compensation they deserve if they were hurt in a bicycle accident. To help raise awareness, we have created our list of safety tips for riding a bicycle.
- Wearing a helmet is a simple step to possibly saving your life.
- Always obey traffic laws, road signs, and lights.
- Although you are operating a bike, it is vital you take the same precautions as driving a car.
- It is important to stay visible to other drivers on the road by wearing reflective gear at night and riding in the appropriate bike lanes.
- Never assume drivers can see you. Using hand signals and making eye contact when turning is a great habit of using every time you ride your bicycle.
- Riding with the flow of traffic and going in the same direction is the best riding strategy.
- Properly check over your bicycle to check for maintenance issues and needed repairs.
- Pay attention to the road and keep your ears and eyes aware of your surroundings.
If you are searching for an experienced injury lawyer in Campbell, CA, turn to Staskus Law Firm to receive just results. Contact us today at (844) 286-5241 to schedule a free consultation.
As unfortunate as it is, accidents come with the territory of driving. The dedicated lawyers at Staskus Law Firm, ensure our clients receive the just compensation they deserve when hurt in a car accident. We strive to educate our clients to increase awareness and possibly save a life. Below we have listed the common causes of accidents to help avoid such situations.
- Cell Phones
When it comes to texting and driving, please remember that any message can wait until you are out of the car. Cell phones are one of the most popular causes of wrecks because it causes the driver to take their eyes off the road. Looking down at your phone for even a second can result in an accident.
Weather is a huge source of car accidents due to the wet roads and hindered visibility. Driving in the rain can cause cars to hydroplane and skid when braking. If the weather is too bad to drive in, we recommend pulling off the side of the road with your hazards on until the rain clears up.
- Daily Distractions
Often, drivers will get distracted by everyday tasks, such as eating fast food or applying makeup while driving. These actions divert your eyes and attention away from the road, which can result in an accident.
Look for our knowledgeable car accident attorney in Campbell, CA to help you receive the legal advice you deserve. Contact us today at (844) 286-5241 to schedule a free consultation.